Friday, October 15, 2010

It's eleven pm and I am supposed to have written a paper and prepared a presentation for Monday. Surprise surprise...I haven't even opened the book I'm supposed to present on. Sometimes life gets in the way of school. Sometimes school is my life and then other times...well, it's just not.

Life is really good right now. Life is really great.

I saw this amazing movie. I fell in love with it. Okay, really...I fell in love with Josh Duhamel. I mean, seriously. He's perfect. PERFECT. His teeth are a-mazing. I can't get over his teeth. I'm a sucker for strong jaws and pearly whites.


 I just...if we..our kids...wow.

I've been shopping a lot lately. Today I got royal blue suede boots. That's right. Blue suede knee high boots. I can't wait to wear them with my cheetah print tights. That's right. Cheetah print tights.

I have shopped more the last four months then I have in a reeeaally long time. Not only that, I've been purchasing more expensive things. I asked myself why. Have I been trying to fill a little bit of a void? When that thought crossed my mind I shuddered. I am NOT one of those girls. I cannot be one of those girls! Ohhh my. I'm one of those girls. But why? How did this happen? When did this happen? I need a distraction.

I when out with a male friend who is student teaching at a high school. I hadn't really been smacked in the face with the whole, "YOUR GETTING OLD" thing until three nights ago. I went with him to his high school's football game. Not the high school he went to, no...the high school he teaches at. It was actually very fun and I loved that all the kids wanted to come up and talk and say hi. Naturally, seeing as he's the cool single teacher...but man. If my life were a cartoon, a load of bricks would've toppled over me the moment I realized that I have...aged. A lot. I've been out of high school for almost seven years. That's a long time. It really is. I really am getting old. I'm still not graduated. I still live at home. I don't own my own car. The clothes I wore in elementary school are back in style. I love the clothes I wore back in elementary school. I'm single and not even looking. I'm.....HELP!!!! (That was all the bricks piling up and then that was my hand sticking out waving...waving for some last thread of hope.)

It's midnight.

No homework.

I'm a sorry excuse for a college student. I stayed home on a FRIDAY night to do homework...and I didn't even get any done. Hope your weekend is better than mine!

XOXO Jazara

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE YOU.

P.S. Totally saw that move with Josh Duhamel on Wed by myself and also fell in love. :)

P.P.S. I'm officially single now and I'm kinda liking it?

jennsdaisypatch said...

OH my...OH my. Okay One of my fave posts of yours EVER. I ditched a date last sat to stay home and do homework...ahhh! Also. Josh is perfect. Also. Your kids would be perfect. ALSO " I just...if we..our kids...wow." my fave quote of yours ever. Also. I LOVE you!