Thursday, August 11, 2011

....I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

As I look around the pub that I've spent many nights in while here in Edinburgh and listen to accoustic artists in the background, I feel a little lump start to well in my throat. Why does this always happen? It's just when things start to click and feel natural that you have to head in another direction. I can't remember the luxuries I was missing in the beginning and I certainly haven't missed driving myself everywhere.

I've never been good at the farewell parts of life. I mean, I had an anxiety attack when I was proposed to because it was in that instant I realized I'd be saying farewell to single life...forever. Farewell anxiety attack for sure. I just don't do well with the anticipation of change. I know once I get back to the states, see my fiance and my family, things will go forward in my life and I will just approach my future with a more confident and changed perception due to the things that I have experienced during my study abroad.

What a life changing experience this has been for me. Not only am I now able to cross off a life goal I have had since I was in Jr. High, I have this new found confidence. I have a changed perspective on life and what the world holds for me. I feel that I have once again grown closer to discovering my "calling" in this life. I know my purpose, for I believe we all share the same purpose. However, I truly believe that we all have different calling and as we press forward with purpose, our calling will be unfolded piece by piece. I certainly feel that I have come closer in discovery and I will forever hold the 13 other individuals that I shared these experiences with, close to my heart.

Farewell UVU Theatre Study Abroad 2011.

I already miss you.

Cheers.
Emily

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I know what you mean about the driving. I really didn't miss driving at all when I was in France