A place where you pay for a bed and shower use. That's the answer I always received, but didn't really comprehend until now.
Honestly, it's not bad at all. I feel like I'm in a large college dorm. Now of course, just like hotels differ from each other, so do hostels. Our walls are painted different colors, there is wall art painted across the lobby wall with an LA vibe and I feel like I'm sitting inside Urban Outfitters down in the basement bar with a music rotation of accoustic cover artists covering popular songs. It's not as squeaky clean as a Marriot, but I certainly don't feel like I'm camping or that I'm going to get some nasty infection from the mattresses. I actually really like it here. Making this home for the next few days isn't going to be too hard. Not to mention, the bartender has already given me glasses of ice cubes.
I chose the top bunk in the corner of our room because I saw how I could parkour my way down each day. I know my fiance will appreciate that.
Apart from the fact that I feel like I'm showering in a janitorial closet, I am soo grateful we have a shower...and that it's our very own. I can't imagine sharing a toilet, a shower, and a bedroom with 7 other strangers. That. Would. Be. WEIRD.
Getting out of Utah rocks. Getting out of America rocks even more.
Cheers.
Jazara
No comments:
Post a Comment